TIFFANY & Co. is one of the most famous luxury brands in the world for over 150 years. The company was founded by Charles L. Tiffany and John B. Young in 1837 when they opened a stationery store at 274 Broadway in Manhattan in the fashionable shopping district of Union Square, New York. But what makes this company so special? In this blog post, we cover some of their key achievements in history as well as what customers can expect when buying from them today!
- At first they only sold jewelry and silver items… but soon expanded to include pens, watches and stationery.
- In 1868, they opened a new headquarters at the corner of Union Square East 16th Street in Manhattan … and is still home to this day!
- Moreover, in 1861 they created an exclusive line for Queen Victoria – the most famous client in the world at that time
- But what about today? Well… in addition to jewelry and watches, Tiffany has expanded into several other types of products, including fashion, accessories (shoes) and cosmetics. They also create special projects for famous clients such as Beyoncé and Taylor Swift.
The main competitors of the Tiffany brand are Cartier, Rolex and Gucci.
- Tiffany is currently valued at $ 25 billion…. with over 180 stores in North America, Europe and Asia
- And for those who are interested … the most famous products they sell are their line of engagement rings ($ 1300- $ 8000) as well as necklaces / earrings (from $ 1000 to over $ 5000). But remember: you can always contact them if you want something different or custom!
TIFFANY & Co. has been a world leader in fashion and luxury since 1837 – although it has undergone several changes in its history, it still remains one of the world’s most iconic brands.
The future of the TIFFANY & Co.
- The company is committed to its distinctive color “Tiffany Blue” and has no plans to change it
- Constantly hires new employees, especially those with experience in fashion or luxury brands
- Moreover, the company continues its global expansion. For example: The first Tiffany store outside of North America opened this year (2018) in London
- The legacy of TIFFANY & Co.
- This famous brand has always cared about customer experience … not only buying from them now, but also many years ago!
We hope you enjoyed reading our post about one of the world’s most iconic fashion brands.